Whenever I host a party, I always make artichoke dip. It’s a classic dish that people love, and everyone has their own variation. This one is mine.
This time around, I had some extra wonton wrappers (from making Mexican Chicken Wonton Rolls) and thought that they could be a great vessel for delivering the artichokey goodness into one’s mouth. Man, was I right.
Artichoke Dip (in Wonton Cups) – I use a recipe that my mom gave to me and I’ve tweaked throughout the years. I was inspired by this recipe to use the wonton cups.
- 2 Cans Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 4 oz (1/2 block) Cream Cheese
- 1 Package Shredded Italian Cheese Blend (about 2 Cups)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 Package Wonton Wrappers, if using
Preheat oven to 350.
If using the wonton wrappers, spray one side of each wrapper with cooking spray, then press greased side down into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Combine first 8 ingredients in an oven safe round casserole dish. If not using the wonton cups, bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
If using the wonton cups, scoop unbaked mixture into each wonton cup and bake for 6-8 minutes.
**I had enough artichoke mixture to fill the wonton cups and bake the rest as a dip.**