I hope you all enjoyed seeing the top viewed posts of this past year. As promised, here are our favorite dishes from 2011. I’m looking forward to making even more wonderful food to share with you in 2012!
11) Caramel Appledoodles - The epitome of Autumn in cookie form!
10) Baked Eggs in Puff Pastry - Great for an easy, elegant brunch, we enjoyed these on a lazy Saturday morning.
9) Couscous Stuffed Peppers - These were a surprise favorite, but we couldn’t get enough of them!
BBQ Cheddar Meatloaf with Caramelized Onions - An awesome, hearty meal, the picture just doesn’t do it justice. I’ll definitely be making it again soon to rectify that!
7) Cincinnati Style Chili - According to my Ohioan friends, this was a pretty good copycat of Skyline Chili. We enjoyed this chili many ways throughout the year, including over hot dogs, in omelettes, and just right out of the pot.
6) Buffalo Chicken Shepherd’s Pie - An awesome way to use leftover mashed potatoes and a delicious twist on comfort food at it’s finest.
5) Brioche Burger Buns - I tackled my fear of yeast with pretty amazing results. So much better than store bought.
4) Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies - A great chocolate chip cookie recipe made even better with bacon!
3) Chicken Parmesan Burgers – We loved this classic dish in burger form.
2) Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa - These refreshing tacos were eaten on many a warm summer night.
1) Croque Monsieur or Madame – A crossover from both Top 2011 lists, who can resist this cheesy sandwich?! This was our favorite meal of the year not only because it was incredibly delicious, but also because we were able to share it with friends.
Did you make any TJOC recipes in 2011? What were your favorites?
May your 2012 be as delicious as 2011 was!